Blogging to me has been a diet; an off an on again relationship. But just like a diet I am going to give it another go. I’ve realized I’m not the best blogger, so please bear with me. When I initially started, I was using Blogger.com; I didn’t really like the layout, but I didn’t have the time to learn about wordpress. But with some time now, I am learning how to finally utilize this site.
Where to begin?
Since my last post was in January 2013 about a place I visited in September 2012 I think I’ll give a quick real cap about my time there in general:
- August 30th, 2012 arrived in Auckland, New Zealand
- 3 weeks with a Helpx
- Met Monsieur and started traveling together
- Spent a month in Northland
- Around November headed to Hastings for a seasonal job
- Stayed in Hastings till the end of January and for about 2 weeks traveled with someone from France, Germany, Czech Republic, and China
- February 13th 2013 took the ferry to the South Island
- Stayed in a little town called Motueka and worked there till May
- Traveled South Island till June
- Stayed in Christchurch until I left August 10th, 2013
So this is a brief run down of my year. I plan to talk write more about what I saw, what I learned, the people I’ve met, what I wished I knew before arriving as well, and how it’s very possible without getting a big kid job right away. If there is something you would like to know, I’ll be more than happy to help the best I can 🙂