While decluttering my room the other day, I stumble upon some Fortune Cookie’s fortune that I apparently saved. I was reading them and thought why did I keep these. What is it about these little fortunes that wanted me to keep them inside my jewelry box?
The fortunes stated:
- Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out
- Look around and you will find the greatest treasure of all friendship
- You will have an exciting business adventure
- A secret admirer will soon send you a sign of affection
- Take no risk with your reputation
- You should be of more tenderness and less aggressiveness
- You can’t have everything…. where would you put it all? ~ My favorite one
After reading them, I thought it’s for the inspirational message written on them. That’s why I kept them. Am I the only one who does this? Most people probably throw them away after eating the cookie and reading the fortune. (Personally I don’t even enjoy the cookie. I think they are dry and tasteless, but that’s me) But I feel that motivation and inspiration in life can come from the little things like this little piece of paper. For instances, the last fortune You can’t have everything…where would you put it all? That is a deep thought from a little cookie. And it has inspired to me focus on the things I really want in life now; and made me think that “things” aren’t always the answer in life. And it’s true; after traveling with just what I could carry I was more content then when I had everything. All these thoughts thanks to that little piece of paper.
What are some things you find inspiration or motivation from ?